Konuyu Oyla:
  • Toplam: 0 Oy - Ortalama: 0
The Houston Astros aren’t putting up big numbers with their injury
But the World Series champions are making up for that with a couple of timely home runs.Tyler White hit a two-run drive in the eighth inning and the Astros pulled off a late rally for the second straight game http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-todd-frazier-jersey , beating the San Francisco Giants 2-1 on Tuesday.The win followed the Astros’ 3-1 victory Monday night in which Marwin Gonzalez hit a three-run homer with two outs in the ninth.This time, the AL West leaders again trailed 1-0 when Gonzalez doubled and White hit a high, arching shot to left field off Ray Black (1-1).“It’s not easy to win games in the eighth and ninth,” Astros manager A.J. Hinch said. “We kind of make a habit of it every now and then, but different guy every day.”Houston has hit 13 home runs in its last eight games. The Astros have won six of seven and the Giants have lost four of five.“I was trying to put a good swing and then I saw it went up in the air to left field,” White said. “It was a good moment.”And it followed an anxious moment.On an 0-2 pitch, White was brushed back by a high 96 mph fastball from Black, who topped 100 earlier in the at-bat.“That’s always scary,” White said. “He let one get away a little bit, you just have to calm yourself down because it’s little bit scary. You just have to look for a good pitch to hit on the next pitch, and that’s what I was doing.”Joe Smith (4-1) struck out the only two batters he faced in the seventh for the win. Hector Rondon pitched a scoreless ninth for his 13th save in 16 tries.Astros starter Dallas Keuchel gave up one run and three hits in six innings, striking out five and walking two.Giants starter Madison Bumgarner pitched seven scoreless innings David Wright Jersey , allowing five hits and three walks while striking out seven. He is 4-1 with a 2.08 ERA in six career starts against Houston.“It’s hard to take when you get that kind of pitching,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said.“Give them credit; they beat two of our hottest relievers. Lightning hit us twice. Black has been lights out. That was the first hit he allowed since his debut. He had a 1-2 count and made a mistake. He missed his spot. It looked like it was right down the middle.”D’ARNAUD’S DAYGiants INF Chase d’Arnaud left the game with a bruised left knee after fouling a ball of himself in the fourth. He hit an RBI single in the second.“He’s day-to-day,” Bochy said. “I’m guessing he’ll be fine with the day off (Wednesday).”TRAINER’S ROOMGiants: 1B Brandon Belt, on the DL with a hyperextended right knee since July 26, is ramping up baseball activities and could be activated for next week’s series opener against the Dodgers in Los Angeles on Monday, Bochy said.UP NEXTAstros: After a day off, the Astros and RHP Justin Verlander (11-6, 2.19 ERA) will open a series at home against Seattle. He has won just two of his last eight starts, posting a 3.54 ERA over that stretch.Giants: LHP Andrew Suarez (4-7, 4.60) with make his 20th career start Thursday in a series opener against the Pittsburgh Pirates at home. NEW YORK (AP) Masahiro Tanaka labored through a 31-pitch first inning against Baltimore, the team with the worst record in the major leagues, falling behind his first four batters.”Hopefully we make it out of this soon http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-wheeler-jersey ,” catcher Kyle Higashioka recalled thinking. ”You never want to get to the bullpen early.”Tanaka stranded a pair of runners when Chris Davis grounded to second baseman Gleyber Torres in short right field, and the 29-year-old Japanese right-hander regained his command. He pitched six scoreless innings to extend his unbeaten streak to 13 starts , backed by Miguel Andujar’s three-run homer in the Yankees‘ 6-3 win Tuesday night over the veteran-shedding Orioles.New York (68-37) moved 31 games over .500 for the first time since the end of the 2011 season, beating the Orioles for only the sixth time in 11 meetings this year. The Yankees cut their AL East deficit to five games behind first-place Boston and are on their first three-game winning streak since four straight from June 18-21.”I don’t necessarily look at it as a desperation,” manager Aaron Boone said. ”I want us to be a club that has an urgency when we walk through those doors every single day.”Coming off a three-hit shutout of Tampa Bay, Tanaka (9-2) limited the Orioles to a pair of singles and a double. He struck out eight and walked two, lowering his ERA to 2.00 over his last five starts. He is 7-0 in 13 starts since an April 17 loss against Miami and has pitched 17 1/3 consecutive scoreless innings, one out short of his big league best.He started last season 7-9 with a 5.37 ERA, then finished 6-3 with a 3.59 ERA plus went 2-1 with a 1.80 ERA in four postseason outings.”He really started to pitch well down the stretch and I think everyone saw how great he was in the postseason,” Boone said. ”So, hopefully, we’re seeing him kind of follow a similar script right now.”Baltimore (32-75) arrived with its first three-game winning streak since mid-May. The Orioles traded infielder Jonathan Schoop to Milwaukee before the game for infielder Jonathan Villar and a pair of prospects Mookie Wilson Jersey , and dealt pitchers Kevin Gausman and Darren O’Day to Atlanta for four prospects and $2.5 million in international signing bonus allotment.”I see what they’re talking about when they’re talking about a rebuild and fire sale,” said center fielder Adam Jones, who used his contractual right to block a trade. ”When players walked out years ago and walked the picket lines and all that stuff, they did all that for reasons like right now. I earned this and it’s my decision. I don’t have to explain it to nobody.”Having also traded slugging infielder Manny Machado, closer Zach Britton and reliever Brad Brach in recent weeks, the Orioles obtained 14 prospects, Villar and $2.75 million in international allotment for six veterans while cutting nearly $29 million in payroll obligations for this year and next.”It might not look pretty some days,” Jones said. ”We’re going to struggle the next two months.”A sign of the Orioles’ troubles: Davis, in the third season of a $161 million, seven-year contract, went 0 for 4 with a pair of strikeouts and is hitting .157. That would be by far the lowest average for an official qualifier, breaking the mark of .179 shared by Rob Deer (1991) and Dan Uggla (2013).Run-scoring singles by Torres in the first and Greg Bird in the third built a 2-0 lead http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-lenny-dykstra-jersey , and Bird hit a sacrifice fly in the fifth ahead of Andujar’s 13th homer. Yefry Ramirez (1-4) allowed all six runs and lasted five innings.Jace Peterson hit a two-run double in the eighth off A.J. Cole, and Peterson scored from second when Dellin Betances‘ pitch went off Higashioka’s mitt for a passed ball, and Andujar allowed the catcher’s throw to bounce off his glove for an error by the third baseman.Aroldis Chapman struck out the side for the second straight game and got his 29th save in 30 chances , his 21st in a row.Tanaka was happy he put behind another slow start.”Obviously,” he said through a translator, ”earlier in this season I knew that was not me.”NOT SLAMMINGSince Bird’s grand slam at Baltimore on July 11, the Yankees are 0 for 14 with four sacrifice flies with the bases loaded.SEATSA crowd of 46,473 was New York’s 21st home sellout, the most at new Yankee Stadium, which opened in 2009.TRAINER’S ROOMYankees: LHP J.A. Happ was diagnosed with hand, foot and mouth disease, and it’s not clear whether he will be able to start Saturday at Boston. RHP Luis Cessa was removed after allowing one run and two hits in one inning at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and could get the start against the Red Sox. Newly acquired RHP Lance Lynn Gary Carter Jersey , due to report Wednesday, is another possibility. … OF Clint Frazier is dealing with a migraine issue, not a concussion, according to Yankees GM Brian Cashman.UP NEXTRHP Sonny Gray (8-7, 5.08) starts Wednesday afternoon’s series finale for New York and RHP Alex Cobb (2-14, 6.08) for Baltimore. Gray has won three straight starts for the first time in a year. Cobb leads the major leagues in losses after defeats in five straight outings; he opened with three hitless innings last week against Tampa Bay.—
Ara
Cevapla

Konu ile Alakalı Benzer Konular
Konular Yazar Yorumlar Okunma Son Yorum
  ontingent on Arian Fosters injury statu zhanjiao1212 0 22 23-02-2019, Saat: 06:22
Son Yorum: zhanjiao1212
  ners. In Vancouver, we were almost injury free, so it was a zhanjiao1212 0 70 09-01-2019, Saat: 05:20
  cheapastrosjersey.com/]Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys[/url] [url=htt zhanjiao1212 0 75 04-01-2019, Saat: 04:50

Hızlı Menü:

Konuyu Okuyanlar: 1 Ziyaretçi